Zakat or Zakat is another exceptionally remarkable institution and fundamental pillar on which rests Islam is zakat. Do not know of any other language equivalent to the Qur'anic word Zakah and the meaning it conveys. It is not just a form of charity, or charity, tax or tithe. Nor is it simply an expression of kindness ; is all combined and more. It's not just a deduction of a certain percentage of one's property, but an abundant enrichment and spiritual investment. It is not simply refers to a voluntary contribution to someone or some thing nor a government tax that may be an intelligent person and awakens. Rather, it is a duty imposed by God and accepted by Muslims to benefit society as a whole. Giving zakat means “giving a specified percentage on certain properties to certain classes of needy people”.
The literal and simple meaning of Zakah is purity. The technical meaning of the word designates the annual amount to be distributed in kind, money or, a Muslim with means, among the rightful beneficiaries. However, religious and spiritual meaning of Zakat is much deeper and live, and its humanitarian and sociopolitical value. Let's look at an explanation of the transcendent meaning of Zakat :
1. Zakah purifies the property of people with resources, aligerándolas of those increases that no longer belong to you, increases to be distributed among the beneficiaries due. When you pay the Zakat, a certain percentage of wealth should be distributed immediately in the right way, because it no longer belongs to the owner of moral or legal possession of that percentage (2,5 %). If it did so, will be retained, obviously, something that does not belong. That is pure corruption and usurpation from every point of view, moral and spiritual, legal and commercial. Means the percentage retained unlawfully becomes impure and compromises the entire property. Pure capital and honest possessions are the first requisites of permanent prosperity and honest transactions.
2. The Zakat not only purifies the property of the taxpayer, but also cleans your heart of selfishness and greed for wealth. Therefore, Free receptor heart envy and distrust, of enmity and restlessness, introducing him goodwill and best wishes to the taxpayer. Consequently, society in general be clean and free from suspicion and class struggle, of distrust and resentment, corruption and disintegration, and all its evils.
3. The Zakat mitigate the suffering of the most needy and poor members of society. Represents an extremely comforting consolation to the less fortunate, and constitutes a powerful call for all to contribute and increase their share. Of Course, for the needy assumes an emergency measure, from which you should not rely solely, since it is destined to excel and do something for others. For the donor is a warm invitation to earn more to benefit more. This is, directly and indirectly, an open treasure for spiritual investment, that compensates abundantly to all interested parties.
4. Zakah is a healthy form of integrated security against selfish greed and social disagreements, intrusion and penetration of subversive ideologies. Represents an effective tool for cultivating the spirit of social responsibility by the taxpayer, and the perception of security and possession by the receiver.
5. The zakat is a living manifestation of the spiritual and humanitarian concept of response interactions between the individual and society. Clearly illustrates that, although Islam does not put obstacles to private enterprise or condemn private possession, not tolerate selfish and greedy capitalism. It is an expression of the general philosophy of Islam, which adopts a moderate and middle path, but positive and effective, between the individual and society, between the citizen and the state, capitalism and socialism, materialism and spirituality.
The share of Zakat
Every Muslim, male or female, having at the end of the year more than 35.000 approximately pesetas in cash or , 210€, or trade items, must give the Zakat at the rate of two and a half percent, least. For available cash amount the question is not difficult; more, when a person has wealth in stocks or trade items, should evaluate at the end of each year, according to the normal value, and give the Zakat at the rate the same percentage of two and a half percent of the total value of wealth. If your investment is estimated in real estate, as buildings and industries, the share of Zakat is calculated on the total net revenue, and not on the total value of all goods. But, if traded or offered for sale buildings and houses, the share of Zakat is calculated on the total value of all properties. Similarly, when someone is creditor and the debtor is solvent, Zakat is payable under the amount that has been paid, it remains a portion of his guaranteed wealth.
Remember, in all cases, you only pay for the net balance. Zakat is the net balance after paying personal expenses, their families stipends, expenditure required and due credits.
It is also recalled that the share of 2,5 % represents only a minimum, in times of emergency, or when needs increase, there is no limit; the more you give, receive greater benefit all stakeholders. The distribution of Zakah serves all purposes for which numerous fundraising campaigns are launched. The bottom of Zakat supersedes all other. It's true what anyone was entitled to receive Zakat; all subjects – Muslims, Cistianos and Jews- the vast Islamic empire had enough to satisfy your needs, and the leaders had to deposit collections of Zakat in the treasury. This indicates that when duly fulfills the law of Zakat needs of citizens are reduced and public finances is enriched, to an extent that can not be needy or poor, provided, plus huge surplus.
The unfailing power of this effective measure of public interest stems from the fact that it is a divine precept, a mandate received from God Himself. This is not a personal matter, or a voluntary contribution; this is, rather, an obligation fulfillment of which are each directly responsible to God. Given that Zakat should be required in the common interest, for being legislation established by God, no Muslim is allowed to neglect. When not correctly notes, the legitimate authorities of the State must intervene, for the people, to confirm the institution and verify compliance fair.
The righteous recipients of zakat
The Holy Qur'an classifies fair Zakat recipients as follows:
1. The poor Muslims, to mitigate their scarcity.
2. The needy Muslims, to provide them with means with which to earn their livelihood.
3. The new Muslim converts, to allow them to stabilize and meet their changing needs.
4. Muslim prisoners of war, to release by ransom.
5. Muslims indebted, for download of obligations for urgent needs.
6. To pay the salaries of Muslim employees appointed by a Muslim governor for the collection of zakat.
7. Muslims serving the cause of God, through research, study or propagation of Islam. This contribution is dedicated to cover their expenses and help them continue their services.
8. Travellers Muslims, who are lost in a strange land and require assistance.
El deserving recipient of Zakah is one who has nothing to meet your needs or has little ( under 35.000 pesetas at the end of the year or , 210€).
If someone has approximately 35.000 pesetas, , 210€ or more must be taxpayer, no Zakat receiver. When a receiver receives its quota and found to be sufficient and will balance near the left 35.000 pesetas or , 210€, should not accept anything else. You must return upon receipt to give to other more appropriate receptors.
Zakat can be distributed directly to individuals of one or more of these classes, or welfare organizations to care for them. You can divide, you too, in the form of grants to researchers and bright and promising Muslim students, or in the form of grants to welfare organizations and institutions of public service, sponsor such causes.
A disabled or invalid poor Muslim enjoys priority over healthy, able to procure some gains. The taxpayer must serve the best to find the most deserving recipients.
The taxes currently paid to governments not replace this religious duty. Be regarded as a special obligation and pay separately apart from the governmental taxes. Now, Muslims in North America, for example, can benefit from tax laws, that allow certain deductions for charity. Must pay their Zakat to deserving beneficiaries and then claim the amounts paid as proper legal deductions.